Standing up for Beaches–East York
- Critic for Poverty and Homelessness
- Rima and her partner David have lived in Beaches–East York for 25 years, where they raised their four kids. You can spot their dogs Eliot and Kuma walking along Martin Goodman Trail.
- Rima was born in Apartheid South Africa, which fueled her life–long work in fighting for the creation of socially just and diverse societies. She advocates for systemic change that creates meaningful inclusion, accountable institutions and the elimination of all systemic oppression.
- As our MPP, she will be a strong voice for Beaches–East York who will work to ensure equitable access to public transportation, affordable childcare and universal Pharmacare for everyone–regardless of age, status or income.
- Dr. Rima Berns–McGown holds a PhD in International Politics. A respected author, researcher, and former University of Toronto professor, she currently works with directors and executives to tackle systemic racism in boardrooms across Canada.